Vetremox 100% w/w Powder for Use in Drinking Water
Contra-indications, warnings, etc
For oral use only.
In common with all other penicillins, amoxicillin should not be used orally or parenterally in rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils or other very small herbivores.
Adverse reactions are rarely encountered. Hypersensitivity reactions may occur. If suspected adverse reactions do occur, treatment should be discontinued immediately.
Not to be administered with other antibacterials.
Meat and offal:
Chickens: 1 day.
Turkeys: 5 days.
Not authorised for use in laying birds producing eggs for human consumption. Do not use within 14 days of the onset of laying.
Avoid skin contact. Whilst handling the product wear coveralls, protective goggles and chemically resistant impermeable gloves at all times.
Avoid inhalation of dust. Wear either a disposable half-mask respirator conforming to European Standard EN149 or a non-disposable respirator to European Standard EN140 with a filter to EN143.
When adding the product to water, keep the neck of the powder container below the level of the water while emptying, in order to minimize the presence of dust.
Penicillins and cephalosporins may cause hypersensitivity (allergy) following injection, inhalation, ingestion or skin contact. Hypersensitivity to penicillins may lead to cross-reaction to cephalosporins and vice versa. Allergic reaction to these substances may occasionally be serious.
Do not handle this product if you know you are sensitized, or if you have been advised not to work with such preparations.
Handle this product with great care to avoid exposure taking all recommended precautions.
If you develop symptoms following exposure, such as a skin rash, you should seek medical advice and show the doctor this warning. Swelling of the face, lips or eyes or difficulty in breathing are more serious symptoms and require urgent medical attention.
Wash hands after use.