Indications for use
For the active immunisation of male and female pigs to reduce clinical signs (skin lesions and fever) of swine erysipelas caused by Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae, serotype 1 and serotype 2.
Onset of immunity: three weeks after completion of the basic vaccination scheme.
Duration of immunity: six months.
Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance, to the adjuvants or to any of the excipients.
Special warnings for each target species
Special precautions for use
Vaccinate only healthy animals.
Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the veterinary medicinal product to animals
In case of adverse reactions following accidental self-injection, seek medical advice immediately and show the package leaflet or the label to the physician.
Adverse reactions (frequency and seriousness)
Very common adverse reactions:
- Mild to moderate inflammation at the injection site that typically resolves within four days but in some cases may persist for up to 12 days post-vaccination.
Common adverse reactions:
- A transient increase in body temperature within the first 6 hours after vaccination, which spontaneously resolves within 24 hours.
Very rare adverse reactions:
Anaphylactic-type reactions have been reported in spontaneous reports and appropriate symptomatictreatment is recommended
The frequency of adverse reactions is defined using the following convention:
- very common (more than 1 in 10 animals displaying adverse reactions during the course of one treatment).
- common (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 100 animals).
- uncommon (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 1,000 animals).
- rare (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 10,000 animals).
- very rare (less than 1 animal in 10,000 animals, including isolated reports).
Use during pregnancy, lactation or lay
Can be used during pregnancy and lacatation.
No information is available on the safety and efficacy of this vaccine when used with any other veterinary medicinal product. A decision to use this vaccine before or after any other veterinary medicinal product therefore needs to be made on a case by case basis.
Amounts to be administered and administration route
Allow the vaccine to reach room temperature (15–25 °C) before administration.
Shake well before use.
Administer one dose of 2 ml by intramuscular injection in the neck muscles according to the following schedule:
Pigs from 6 months of age which have not been previously vaccinated with the product should be given two injections with an interval of 3–4 weeks. The second injection should be administered 3–4 weeks before mating.
A single injection should be given 2–3 weeks prior to each subsequent mating (approximately every 6 months).
No adverse reactions other than those mentioned in “Adverse reactions” were observed after the administration of a 2-fold vaccine dose.