For animal treatment only.
The product can be used safely in mares during the whole pregnancy period and lactation period.
Not to be used in foals under two weeks of age.
Horses carrying heavy infection of Onchocerca microfilariae have experienced such reactions as swelling and itching after treatment. It is assumed that these reactions are the result of the destruction of large numbers of microfilariae.
In case of very high levels of infestation, destruction of the parasites may cause a mild transient colic and loose faeces in the treated horse. Colic, diarrhea and anorexia have been reported in vary rare occasions post treatment, in particular when there is heavy worm burden. In very rare occasions, allergic reactions such as hypersalivation, lingual oedema and urticaria, tachycardia, congested mucus membranes, and subcutaneous oedema have been reported following treatment with the product. A veterinarian should be consulted if these signs persist
Avermectins may not be well tolerated in all non target species. Cases of intolerance are reported in dogs, especially Collies, Old English Sheepdogs and related breeds or crosses, and also in turtles and tortoises.
Dogs and cats should not be allowed to ingest spilled paste or access to used syringes due to the potential for adverse effects related to ivermectin toxicity.
Parasite resistance to a particular class of anthelmintic may develop following frequent, repeated use of an anthelmintic of that class.
As ivermectin is extremely dangerous to fish and aquatic life, treated animals should not have direct access to surface water and ditches during treatment.
Wash hands after use (to be sure that eye contamination can not occur). Avoid contact with the eyes. In the case of accidental contact, rinse with abundant quantities of water. In case of eye irritation, seek medical attention.
Do not eat, drink or smoke while handling this product. In the event of accidental ingestion, seek medical advice and show the doctor the leaflet so that he knows what you have taken.
In Horses: Meat and Offal: 35 days
Not permitted for use in horses producing milk for human consumption
Any unused product or waste material should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements. Ivermectin is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO FISH AND AQUATIC LIFE. Do not contaminate surface water or ditches with the product or used containers.