Cattle, sheep and pigs
Indications for use
The product is indicated for use in cattle, sheep and pigs in the treatment of:
- Atrophic rhinitis caused by Bordetella bronchiseptica, Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida.
- Navel/joint ill caused by Trueperella pyogenes, Escherichia coli or Staphylococcus aureus.
- Mastits caused by Corynebacterium pyogenes, E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus agalactiae or Streptococcus uberis.
- Metritis caused by E. coli or Streptococcus pyogenes.
- Pasteurellosis and infections of the respiratory tract caused by Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida.
- Septicaemia caused by Salmonella dublin and Streptococcus pyogenes.
- Erysipelas caused by Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae.
The product can also be used in the control of enzootic abortion in sheep.
Do not use in horses, cats and dogs.
Do not use in animals suffering from renal or hepatic damage.
Special warnings for each target species
Special precautions for use
Do not dilute the product.
If concurrent treatment is administered, use a separate injection site.
Wash hands after use.
In case of contact with eyes or skin, wash immediately with plenty of water as irritation may occur.
Take care to avoid accidental injection.
Although the product is well tolerated, occasionally a slight local reaction of a transient nature has been observed.
Use during pregnancy or lactation
The use of oxytetracycline during the period of tooth and bone development, including late pregnancy, may lead to tooth discolouration. The product can be safely administered to lactating animals.
Amounts to be administered and administration route
The recommended dosage rate is 20 mg/kg bodyweight (i.e.1 ml per 10 kg bodyweight) by deep intramuscular injection. This product is recommended for a single administration only.
To ensure a correct dosage, bodyweight should be determined as accurately as possible to avoid underdosing.
Maximum recommended dose at any one site:
Cattle 20 ml
Pigs 10 ml
Sheep 5 ml
Piglets 1 day 0.2 ml
7 days 0.3 ml
14 days 0.4 ml
21 days 0.5 ml
over 21 days 1 ml/10 kg
There is no known specific antidote, if signs of possible overdose occur, treat the animal symptomatically.
Cattle: Meat and offal – 41 days
Milk – 8 days
Sheep: Meat and offal – 24 days
Milk – 7 days
Pigs: Meat and offal – 20 days